ITB Berlin 2010Berlin, Germany — 10-14 March 2010
Industry Review No. 7 – Pricing II features the global market intelligence as of Q2 2015 on pricing in the youth and student travel industry. Product/programme prices representative of six sectors are compared and contextualised from the perspective of consumers in various global markets utilising a purchasing index.
- Language travel
- Work experience/exchange
- Higher Education
- Volunteer travel
- Adventure travel
- Youth travel accommodation.
The report builds on earlier research on pricing published in 2011 as Industry Review No. 2 – Pricing and comments on observed market fluctuations. Key findings cover:
- Most and least expensive cities for a hostel stay
- Changes in adventure travel retail prices
- Comparison of US Summer Work Travel and other working holiday programme fees
- Cost allocations for various products/programmes
- Variations in tuition costs for undergraduate study abroad programmes
- Comparison of retail prices of English language learning courses in London and Sydney.
Page count: 48
From the same series
This publication provides a look at marketing tools, booking patterns, marketing costs and other marketing-related activities across various sectors of the youth travel industry.
Industry Review #5 aims to bring sectors of the youth travel industry to a comparable level by identifying, analysing and interpreting existing secondary data.