Cultural Exchange Panel
The Cultural Exchange sector within WYSE Travel Confederation represents a diverse range of youth travel programmes with the main goal of introducing participants to a new culture through travel experiences. This includes abroad experiences like au-pairing, camp counselling, internship, working holiday, traineeship, volunteering, and other culture-focused experiences.
The sector provides support to organisations producing and/or selling such programmes, and facilitates their success and growth through WYSE Travel Confederation Four Pillars:
- Trading: We offer a varied networking environment by expanding and diversifying our member base, creating benchmark industry events, and supporting customised trading connections;
- Research: We provide our members with the data to guide strategic decisions, and we arm the sector with advocacy tools by driving focused research;
- Education: We produce learning opportunities and foster best practices through delivering sector-relevant educational content at our events, webinars and peer-to-peer discussion platforms;
- Advocacy: We support and protect the sector through research-based PR campaigns. We help define sector’s future by involving our members in higher-level discussions about its development. We ensure sector’s wider outreach by representing it within the global players and industry thought leaders.
Trading: meet new business partners at our events
WYSTC Lisbon 2019
Date: 8 – 11 October 2019
Location: Lisbon Congress Center, Lisbon, Portugal
The World Youth and Student Travel Conference (WYSTC) is the leading trade event for the global youth, student and educational travel industry. Since its inception in 1992 as the annual event of WYSE Travel Confederation, youth and student travel professionals have been gathering annually to trade, network and take part in seminars and workshops.
ITB Berlin 2020
Date: 4 – 8 March 2020
Location: Messe Berlin, Berlin, Germany
WYSE members are invited to apply for a limited number of co-exhibiting opportunities at ITB Berlin 2020. Don’t miss this chance to magnify your brand at the world’s top travel trade show along with fellow WYSE members. Contact us about WYSE village co-exhibition options at ITB Berlin 2020. We look forward to seeing you there!
Work Experience Travel Market – International Au pair Conference (WETM – IAC)
Date: 28 – 30 March 2020
Location: Radisson Blu Resort, St Julian’s, Malta
The Work Experience Travel Market and IAPA Annual Conference (WETM-IAC) is the joint event of WYSE Travel Confederation and the International Au Pair Association (IAPA) and provides a unique, cost effective, business-to-business opportunity for senders and receivers serving all aspects of cultural exchange, au pairing, volunteering, internship and work experience. WETM-IAC delivers an exceptionally targeted forum for your organisation to establish and strengthen sector-focused partnerships, gain industry intelligence and tap into emerging global markets.
- Over 250 attendees from work travel, volunteer and au pair industry
- Gain insight into latest sector trends with educational sessions
- Up to 34 face-to-face pre-scheduled business appointments
- Collaborate on solutions to the sector’s challenges
Research: stay up to date on the latest trends in cultural exchange
WYSE Travel Confederation undertakes a wide variety of research. Below you can find a sample of our accommodation reports which are free of charge to our members. For all our available reports please click here.
Vicki Cunningham, STA Travel
Dave O’Malley, World Nomads
Inma Sanchez, Berlitz
Nick Steiert, Invasion
Sandra Landau, Childcare International
WETM-IAC 2019 Luxembourg
Carye Duffin, Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE)
Ilir Zherka, Alliance for International Exchange
WYSTC 2018 Edinburgh
The San Diego Declaration provides the basis for WYSE Travel Confederation’s work with international organisations, governments, sector stakeholders and other NGOs in furthering the cause of global youth travel.