Europe’s premier business conference for hostels brings record number to Amsterdam and announces launch in Americas
Amsterdam, Netherlands, 30 January 2019
The fourth annual STAY WYSE Hostel Business Conference will bring 330+ representatives of companies specialised in hostels and other youth travel accommodation concepts to Amsterdam 31 January – 1 February 2019 for international trade, education and networking. This year’s event will be the largest STAY WYSE Conference to date.
Organised by global travel trade association WYSE Travel Confederation, the STAY WYSE Conference connects hundreds of hostel and youth travel accommodation providers with 85+ buyers and service providers from the travel accommodation, tourism, and hospitality industries.
“If your hostel or hotel is looking to attract the millennial or gen z traveller, the STAY WYSE Conference has become a must-attend event for the leading brands dealing in international travel and tourism for the youth, student and educational markets,” said David Chapman, Director General of WYSE Travel Confederation, the organiser of the conference.
Alongside of business-to-business trade, the 2019 edition of the STAY WYSE Conference will feature presentations from two of the largest global Online Travel Agents, Booking.com and Expedia. STR, a global data and benchmarking firm well established in the hotel industry, will present the latest findings of its hostel benchmarking pilot. Culture Trip, a millennial-focussed travel inspiration platform that garnered a significant round of investment funding in 2018, will discuss what the next generation of experience seekers means for the travel industry. WYSE Travel Confederation will present insights from recently published research findings, New Horizons IV: Hostels and accommodation for the young traveller.
Given explosive growth of both international arrivals and hostels and the success of the STAY WYSE Conference in Europe, WYSE Travel Confederation is launching a new edition of the conference, STAY WYSE Americas, taking place in Miami, Florida, USA in November 2019.
“WYSE Travel Confederation is helping to meet the needs of the burgeoning sector of hostels, hotels, student residences and other organisations of the international youth and student travel industry. As a global organisation, we are thrilled to bring the STAY WYSE Conference to the Americas and look forward to connecting even more hostels and accommodation providers with international buyers of their product,” said David Chapman.
Notes to the editor
For media enquiries please contact:
About the STAY WYSE Hostel Conference:
- The STAY WYSE Conference brings together businesses involved in the youth travel accommodation sector for trade, education, and business networking.
- Started in 2016 in Amsterdam, by WYSE Travel Confederation, the annual STAY WYSE Conference has rapidly established itself as the place to meet new trade partners, including buyers, operators, investors, and service providers.
- Pre-scheduled business appointments between accommodation providers, hosted international buyers, and service providers make the STAY WYSE Conference a cost-effective international B2B development tool.
- A unique educational programme places hostel accommodation and relevant issues at the centre of discussion and debate and features expert speakers from leading companies.
- The first-ever STAY WYSE Americas Conference is scheduled to take place in Miami, Florida, USA in November 2019.
- For more information, visit STAY WYSE or follow the conference on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
About WYSE Travel Confederation:
- The World Youth Student and Educational (WYSE) Travel Confederation is a global not-for-profit membership organisation dedicated to promoting and developing opportunities for the youth, student and educational travel industry.
- Founded in 2006 and created from the merger of the Federation of International Youth Travel organisations (FIYTO) and the International Student Travel Confederation (ISTC) – both formed after World War II to inspire young people through international travel and to help remove cultural barriers – the confederation brings together 60 years of youth travel expertise.
- Providing international travel experiences to over 30 million youth and students each year, WYSE Travel Confederation’s global community of over 600 members spans more than 120 countries from a diverse range of sectors.
- From adventure tour operators to au pair agencies, cultural exchange programmes to language schools, hop-on-hop-off buses to student insurance and youth hostels to volunteer programmes, WYSE Travel Confederation is the world’s most powerful network of youth and student travel professionals, connecting key industry players with decision makers and government officials.
- The Confederation is committed to understanding the ever-changing characteristics, motivations and needs of young travellers. By gathering, analysing and sharing important market intelligence with members, academics and government decision-makers, the unique fast-changing needs of the youth market is at the forefront of its activities as it seeks to accelerate the development of youth travel.
- For more information, visit wysetc.org or follow the organisation on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.