Published September 2015
Industry Review #7: Pricing II features the global market intelligence as of Q2 2015 on pricing in the youth and student travel industry. Product/programme prices representative of six sectors are compared and contextualised from the perspective of consumers in various global markets utilising a purchasing index.
- Language travel
- Work experience/exchange
- Higher Education
- Volunteer travel
- Adventure travel
- Youth travel accommodation.
The report builds on earlier research on pricing published in 2011 as Industry Review #2: Pricing and comments on observed market fluctuations. Key findings cover:
- Most and least expensive cities for a hostel stay
- Changes in adventure travel retail prices
- Comparison of US Summer Work Travel and other working holiday programme fees
- Cost allocations for various products/programmes
- Variations in tuition costs for undergraduate study abroad programmes
- Comparison of retail prices of English language learning courses in London and Sydney.