Terms and Conditions
ITB Berlin 2024
- The conference is known as ITB Berlin and the WYSE Travel Confederation youth travel booth is operated by WYSE Travel Confederation – trading as WYSE Services B.V.
- References to WYSE shall include WYSE Services B.V. and WYSE Travel Confederation
- References to ITB Berlin shall refer to Internationale Tourismus-Börse Berlin
- Delegate and organisation will mean the person or persons registered to participate in the WYSE booth and attend the exhibition.
Participation is open to organisations involved in youth and student travel who are members of WYSE Travel Confederation. Booths, upgrade booths, tickets and upgrade tickets are all subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed until booked, paid and then confirmed by WYSE Travel Confederation.
ITB Berlin is a business-to-business conference.
All confirmed reservations are deemed binding and cannot be cancelled.
4. Registered organisations and member discounts
ITB is open to organisations who are members of WYSE Travel Confederation at the time of the event as well as at the time of booking.
5. Attendee conduct
Delegates are expected to comply with all local, state, and federal laws during the conference. Any illegal activities will be reported to the appropriate authorities. In case of an emergency or safety concern, delegates must follow the instructions of event staff and security personnel. Delegates should report any suspicious activity or concerns to conference organisers immediately. Excessive alcohol consumption, illegal drug use, or any disruptive behaviour related to substance use is prohibited.
WYSE Travel Confederation condemns any form of harassment or inappropriate conduct, and undertakes to ensure that all staff, conference participant and visitors are aware and abide by its policy and procedures for dealing with such instances. Harassment is behaviour which is unwanted, uninvited and unacceptable to the recipient. Harassment is defined by the impact on the recipient, not the intention of the person displaying the behaviour.
6. Force Majeure
WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to defer or to cancel the conference (without liability to the delegate) in the event of a Force Majeure.
If WYSE Travel Confederation is forced to cancel an event that has already started, it is agreed that WYSE has fulfilled its obligations and delegates are not entitled to a refund of their registration or other related expenses.
7. Organisation details and data protection
WYSE Travel Confederation will process the personal information provided by delegates as defined in Dutch law as article 10 & 13 of Dutch Constitution and the Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens.
WYSE Travel Confederation is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with the GDPR and fair transparent use of data.
The delegate consents to WYSE Travel Confederation using information as follows:
- WYSE Travel Confederation will obtain, record, store and use this information as necessary in connection with the conference including transfer of the information to employees, agents and third parties as required for this purpose;
- WYSE Travel Confederation will add delegates contact details to the WYSE Travel Confederation mailing list;
- WYSE Travel Confederation will include delegates in the ITB event information system;
- WYSE Travel Confederation may transfer its business assets (which includes information) on re-organisation, sale or merger of the whole or any part of its business;
- WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to process information as required for marketing purposes, to obtain legal advice, comply with legal requirements, enforce or apply any agreements (including this agreement) and protect the rights, property or safety of WYSE Travel Confederation, its employees, its clients and others;
- WYSE Travel Confederation may transfer information outside the European Economic Area for any of the purposes listed in this clause;
- If WYSE Travel Confederation intends to process information other than as set out above, the delegate will receive notice, request for consent, and be given the opportunity to decline the processing.
8. Payment methods and deposit
A deposit of €500 is required to process the booking. In the event of the deposit being paid and the remaining balance not being paid, there will be no refund.
Payment can be made by Mastercard or Visa without any additional charges. We do not accept American Express.
Where payment by credit card is not an option, a payment by bank transfer will be accepted. WYSE Travel Confederation will share the bank details upon request. Any bank charges should be covered by the paying organisation.
Any registration that remains unpaid for more than 14 days will be cancelled.
WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to cancel registrations for delegates, exhibitor space and sponsorship where payment is not made.
Any delegate who has outstanding monies with WYSE Travel Confederation will not be permitted access to the conference nor a refund of registration fees.
9. VAT and local taxes
WYSE Travel Confederation booth registration fees and other charges associated with the conference are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate. WYSE Travel Confederation is obliged to comply with local taxation requirements and is registered accordingly with the local authorities. All participants will be given a VAT receipt.
10. Liability and insurance
Whilst security will be in place at the conference venue, WYSE Travel Confederation will not be held liable for any loss of or damage to exhibits, materials, equipment or personal items howsoever caused. Arrangements should be made for the safe storage of all your belongings.
Delegates and organisations should be insured against theft and personal liability and should also have additional insurance to cover personal health matters, trip cancellation etc. as appropriate.
The participants will be held liable for any damage to persons or objects caused by them, their employees, their representatives or by exhibits or items of their equipment.
Delegates are required to wear their conference badge at all times during the conference programme.
All exhibitors are required to abide by the deadlines and conditions as outlined in the booking form and in communications from WYSE Travel Confederation.
All exhibitors must be registered delegates.
Reservations for booths are subject to availability and to final planning. WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to amend a booking from a booth to a co-exhibitor table if required.
All artwork and design must be delivered by the deadline set and artwork that is late cannot be guaranteed to be produced in time for the event.
13. General conditions
WYSE Travel Confederation reserves the right to change these terms from time to time. Any such changes will be reflected on the WYSE Travel Confederation website under Terms and Conditions. It is the responsibility of registered organisations and delegates to be aware of the Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of their registration and participation.
The delegate will not assign, charge or otherwise transfer to a third party any of its rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of WYSE Travel Confederation. WYSE Travel Confederation may assign, transfer or sub-contract any of its rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of the delegate.
Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE).
These terms and conditions are created under Dutch law.
Terms and Conditions as at 15 December 2023.