The report provides analysis and comparisons based on accommodation type, size, location and region and covers:
- Top booking sources for hostels
- The importance of direct booking for hostels
- Groups and social media bookings
- Which OTAs get the most YTA bookings
- Comparisons of Booking.com, Hostelworld, Hostelling International, Expedia, and Airbnb
Page count: 23
From the same series
This report is based on the 2016 STAY WYSE Booking Sources survey, which monitors the main distribution channels through which hostels and other youth travel accommodation providers secure bookings.
The STAY WYSE Booking Sources 2015 report is based on global data collected in March – April 2015 from youth travel accommodation providers about their booking sources.
Beyond the Bed examines ancillary revenue for accommodation operators. The report presents results of a survey of youth travel accommodation (YTA) providers and their ancillary revenue sources, while also looking at broader trends in other related industries.