Marketing Communication Internship
WYSE Travel Confederation is looking for a Marketing Communications intern to assist the Marketing team for a minimum of six months.
WYSE Travel Confederation is a global not-for-profit membership organisation representing the entire youth, student and educational travel industry. Our members are the leaders in youth travel and our marketing campaigns are primarily business to business. This internship provides the opportunity to assist our organisation in raising our online profile and media presence. You will assist the communication manager developing media lists and help define our messaging to extend our reach to relevant, high-profile media channels. You will monitor news sites and conduct general research for articles, social media, media pitches and more. You will help create optimised online content to ensure our messages are visible to our target audiences.
Your Role & Responsibilities
- Assist with the concept, design and formatting of email marketing campaigns
- Assist with online content strategy and creation
- List development and database organisation
- SEO optimisation
- Additional content and marketing related duties as assigned
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation
- Experience with Mailchimp and WordPress
- Ability to work independently, plan and prioritise workload, and meet deadlines
- An international mind-set and an ability to work in an environment and industry with people from across the globe
Skills & Experience
- At least two years university level education, with a focus in at least one of the following: marketing, communications, public and/or media relations, journalism
- Native English speaker
- Strong writing skills and ability to adapt to our organisation’s tone of voice
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Valid visa to work in The Netherlands
- Available to work a full-time schedule at our Amsterdam office for a minimum of six months
What we offer
- A monthly stipend
- An opportunity to gain a valuable marketing and communications experience at a membership-based organization that represents the world’s most powerful network of youth, student and educational travel businesses.
- Work as part of an international team in a beautiful historical building centrally located in the heart of Amsterdam.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email to email@example.com:
- Your CV in English
- A cover letter in English
- Two 500 – 800 words writing samples (in English)