Buyer Programme Coordinator
WYSE Travel Confederation is looking to recruit a Buyer Programme Coordinator. The Buyer Programme Coordinator will work part-time 4 days, 32 hours per week on a temporary basis for 3 months, starting immediately. There is potential for the contract to be extended.
The Buyer Programme of WYSE Travel Confederation (WYSE) contributes to the development of youth, student and educational travel sectors and destinations through supporting buyers (organisations that buy or distribute international youth travel products and services) and offering a platform for buyer-provider connections.
This position will focus on the day-to-day running of the Buyer Programme department’s operations and developing connections between WYSE and buyers in the context of WYSE events and membership.
The Buyer Programme Coordinator reports to the Buyer Programme Manager.
- Coordinating Buyer Programmes for the events of WYSE Travel Confederation:
- Support the recruitment of event buyers (such as cultural exchange sector agents, travel agents and tour operators) focusing on recruiting new buyers that have not attended past WYSE events
- Coordinate all buyer participation arrangements before and during events
- Promoting the Buyer category of the WYSE Travel Confederation membership
- Support further development of the Buyer category membership benefits
- Grow the number of the Buyer category members
- Conduct independent project work in line with requirements of the Buyer Programme team
- Coordinate day-to-day running of the Buyer Programme team operations
Skills & Qualifications
- University level education
- English on a full working proficiency level; additional language(s) on a full working proficiency level, especially Spanish, Chinese or Portuguese, will be an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of the key Marketing and Sales principles
- Ability and willingness to work independently and take full ownership of responsibilities under little supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other departments to deliver cross-business initiatives
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads and capacity of meeting deadlines
- Willingness to travel abroad to conferences and events a few times a year for onsite delivery
- An international mind-set and an ability to work in an environment and industry with people from across the globe
- Experience in one of the youth and student travel industry sectors
- Experience in an international organisation
- Experience in handling event registration tools