Internship: Business Development
WYSE Travel Confederation is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Business Development Intern to join the Business Development team on a full-time basis for 6 months, starting in May 2019. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate endeavouring to start a career in a Business field (Communications, Sales, Project Management, Business Administration, Business Development) or the travel industry. The Business Development Intern will report to the Business Development Manager and work closely with the Events, Membership and Marketing teams. The internship will focus on supporting daily operations and projects of the Business Development team. The successful candidate will also be required to perform some daily office tasks and provide support to all teams within the organisation, including specific projects, as required.
- Support the recruitment of first time attendees to the World Youth and Student Travel Conference (WYSTC) 2019 and the STAY WYSE Hostel Conference 2019:
- Support the recruitment of new members to WYSE Travel Confederation
- Research and collate leads for WYSE Travel Confederation Membership and Events
- Analyse and compare data and business information
- Promote WYSE Travel Confederation membership to non-members
- Answer email, phone and online queries
- Provide additional administrative support to the Business Development team as required
- Provide project support to the Membership team as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and (preferably) other languages
- Ability and willingness to work independently and take full ownership of responsibilities under little supervision
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- An international mind-set and an ability to work in an environment and industry with people from across the globe
- A valid visa to work in The Netherlands
What we offer
- Monthly compensation of 600 euros
- An opportunity to gain a valuable business development experience at an organisation that represents the world’s most powerful network of youth, student and educational travel businesses. The Business Development Intern will work as part of an international team in a beautiful historical building centrally located in the heart of Amsterdam.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV (in English), and covering letter to email@example.com. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered. Successful applicants will be contacted during the week commencing on 22 April.