Internship: Business Development
WYSE Travel Confederation is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic intern to support the organisation’s Business Development activities. The intern will work under the direction of the Business Development Manager and will cooperate closely with the Marketing, Events and Finance teams. The successful candidate will also be required to perform some daily office tasks and provide support to all teams within the organisation, including specific projects as required.
For someone with an international mind-set and a passion for youth travel, this is an excellent opportunity to gain professional experience and exposure to the global youth travel industry.
- Recruit new members for WYSE Travel Confederation
- Identify potential first-time conference attendees in line with strategic priorities of the events
- Develop a contact list of potential membership organisations and event attendees
- Engage with potential new members about their organisation and WYSE Travel Confederation
- Conduct independent project work in line with requirements of the Business Development Manager
- Support day-to-day running of the Business Development and Membership team
- Provide administrative support to the Business Development team
Skills & Qualifications
- University level education, preferably in field relevant to our organisation
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written
- Proficient user of MS Office applications
- Experience of working in a sales environment is highly desirable but not essential
- Ability to plan and prioritise in order to meet deadlines and accommodate urgent tasks
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to speak Spanish or French is highly desirable but not essential
What we offer
- Monthly compensation of 600 euros
- An opportunity to gain a valuable business development experience at an organization that represents the world’s most powerful network of youth, student and educational travel businesses. The Business Development intern will work as part of an international team in a beautiful historical building centrally located in the heart of Amsterdam.