In order to uphold our objective of providing safe accommodation to young travellers, WYSE Travel Confederation wants guest safety to be a priority at every WYSE Travel Confederation certified establishment. We require that certified establishments have and maintain a guest charter.
Your guest charter should promise to:
- Prioritise guest safety
- Respond to guest concerns
Your guest charter should include the following undertakings:
- You have staff onsite and available 24/7 to help if someone needs assistance.
- You operate a no-tolerance approach to violence, illegal drugs, or weapons on the premises.
- You look after your hostel to always provide guests with a safe, secure and clean place to stay.
- You operate a hostel that does not discriminate based on race, colour, ethnicity or nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
- You allocate beds or rooms as sensitively as possible.
- You will deal with safety concerns promptly and professionally, to the best of your ability.
- You will document and respond to concerns, complaints and feedback.
- You will be open and honest in dealings with guests; you will inform guests what you’re going to do, and keep them informed if the problem cannot be rectified immediately.
- If guests have any problems, issues or concerns, guests should be encouraged to contact your reception staff at first instance. A number for management should be provided if requested.