International Conference Sales Executive
WYSE Travel Confederation has an immediate opening for an ENERGETIC and DRIVEN International Conference Sales Executive.
WYSE Travel Confederation is the global representative association for youth and student travel operators and we have a diverse set of international conferences to provide trading opportunities and education to the industry.
In order to expand and strengthen our team, we are looking for a driven, results oriented and competitive sales executive with an aptitude for sales to drive attendance to our events.
2019 and 2020 Event timetable
- October 2019 – World Youth and Student Travel Conference, Lisbon. 650 delegates for all sectors of youth and student travel
- November 2019 – STAY WYSE Miami – 200 delegates, budget accommodation, hostels and tours
- January 2020 – STAY WYSE Amsterdam – 400 delegates, budget accommodation, hostels and tours
- March 2020 – Work Experience Travel Market, Malta – 200 delegates, cultural exchange, au pair and volunteer organisations
- September 2020 – World Youth and Student Travel Conference, Lisbon. 650 delegates for all sectors of youth and student travel
Your primary role as International Conference Sales Executive will be to secure delegate attendance of all levels across our conference portfolio. You will work with our industry producers, marketeers and division managers to understand the conferences and target markets and build the value proposition to successfully drive paid sales.
- The capacity and desire to make 30 – 40 contacts daily
- Sell across divisional events
- Manage all sales calls with a professional and consistent sales process that integrates the key tenets of successful selling
- To represent WYSE Travel Confederation at all times, through both verbal and written communication
- To develop an acute understanding and awareness of the WYSE Travel Confederation brand, its underlying events and the markets in which they operate.
- Research new market opportunities and prospect lists
- A strong communicator in English, both written and verbal, with 1 – 2 years of experience calling senior level executives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment with a proven track record of consistently achieving revenue targets
- A quick learner with intellectual curiosity with the ability to understand different markets and subject matter quickly
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks and deadlines, as well as keep accurate records
- A go‐getter with the ability to work in a very autonomous environment
- An additional language of Spanish, Portuguese, or Mandarin a plus, but not necessary
This is initially a project-based appointment to cover the forthcoming conference in Lisbon in October, with an opportunity for the contract to be extended dependent upon results.
Salary offered is a basic salary of €35,000 (€2916 bruto) with bonuses paid on achieving targets giving an on-target package of around €45,000 or more!
Location and hours:
The role is based out of our offices in Central Amsterdam and is based on a 40-hour work week. Working times will vary depending upon the time zone worked on.
This role is only available to people who have the legal right to reside and work in the Netherlands and Europe.
The role is available immediately and will be based on an initial contract of approximately five months with the option to extend upon satisfactory results.
Apply with a covering letter and CV in English to: email@example.com