International Community and Partnerships Manager
We are looking for a tourism or travel specialist who has a good understanding of the different verticals within travel, specifically youth and student travel, to become our International Community and Partnerships Manager.
This role will cover the vital liaison between WYSE Travel Confederation members, Management Board, Sector Panels and the management team.
Youth travel within WYSE Travel Confederation is broken down into several key industry sectors (sector panels):
- Cultural exchange, work exchange, working holidays and volunteering
- Accommodation – budget, hostel, backpacker and sharing
- Study – language travel, educational travel, university
- Travel Safety – insurance, safety policy and planning, emergency
- Tours and attractions – short trips, attractions and tours
WYSE Travel Confederation’s membership generally fall into one or more of the above categories and each segment has an active set of members looking to drive forward the agenda for their sector.
The International Community and Partnerships Manager will manage the day to day activities of each of these sectors, driving engagement of members and coordinating the activities of each panel.
- Coordinating sector panel activities
- Arranging regular meetings both by video conference and in person
- Overseeing and facilitating sector panel objectives and targets
- Panel KPI reporting
- Member outreach and engagement
- Regular member outreach via phone, email or social media
- Member retention
- Overseeing new member enrolment and industry introductions
- Facilitating member to member mentor programme
- Delivering member benefits
- Organising member events such as the Co-exhibitor booth at ITB Berlin
- Seeking and promoting member/ partner benefits
- Building external partnerships
- Membership sales
- Working with the Membership Coordinator to recruit new members and to achieve the targets for membership growth in accordance with targets
- Identify membership sales opportunities by regions and market segment
- Global Youth Travel Awards
- Promote the GYTA to the member community
- A strong communicator in English, both written and verbal. An additional language is a plus, but not a necessity
- Concise reporting skills on KPIs and panel activities
- High level of EQ and social skills whilst also understanding the diplomatic and political relevance of each market segment
- Staff management
- Results orientated
- Able to present aspects of the youth travel industry at events
- Good telephone and communication skills
- Organised and competent at record keeping
The World Youth, Student and Educational (WYSE) Travel Confederation is a very interesting and unique association. On the face of it we are often seen to be a student organisation but we are not. We represent the global interests of businesses who provide travel experiences to Millennials and the up and coming Gen Zs, sending them off on cultural or work exchanges, au pairing, language education programmes or backpacking and other experiential travel.
The youth and student travel market place is often overlooked by governments and businesses the world over but Millennial travellers now account for well over 23% of international arrivals each year and the estimate of the value of this market segment is a staggering $280 billion each year. What’s more, the industry is growing at a pace that outstrips traditional tourism and will soon be bigger than business travel.
WYSE Travel Confederation is the global authority on youth travel; endorsed by both UNESCO and the UNWTO.
Salary offered is a basic salary of €50,000 plus generous holiday allowance, bike scheme and international travel.
Location and hours:
The role is based out of our offices in Central Amsterdam and is based on a 40-hour work week. Working times will vary depending upon the time zone worked on.
This role is only available to people who have the legal right to reside and work in the Netherlands and Europe.
The role is available immediately.
Apply with a covering letter and CV in English to: email@example.com