Buyer Programme Manager
WYSE Travel Confederation is looking to recruit a new Buyer Programme Manager, who will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the WYSE Buyer Programme. This position will look to develop value for youth and student travel buyers such as travel agents, wholesalers, tour operators, and other sending organisations. The Buyer Programme Manager reports into the sales team within WYSE.
- Become the Youth & Student Travel Industry expert on distribution channels within the youth travel marketplace;
- Develop the buyer benefits for each WYSE industry event, including pre/post-event familiarisation trips, sponsored accommodation and other activities;
- Build relationships with all WYSE-member buyers and non-WYSE member buyers and help supplier members target the right buyers;
- Understand and act upon the buyer statistics and profiles, and liaise with WYSE membership department to ensure buyer information is correctly reflected in the database;
- Become the main contact for all buyers attending WYSE industry events, including recruitment, registration, travel & hotel arrangements, payments, and profile updating and business appointment scheduling;
- Provide organisational and operational support in the development and execution of WYSE events, as far as buyers are concerned;
- Assist the Marketing department with buyer event communications, such as providing content for the website and emails to prospective and registered buyer delegates;
- Collaborate with colleagues from the WYSE Travel Confederation to deliver cross-departmental projects.
- University level education (or proven experience);
- Understanding of tourism distribution channels, contracting and purchasing;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English (fluent) and preferably other languages;
- Self-directed and proactive individual, capable of taking ownership of responsibilities, demonstrating initiative and working with limited supervision;
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other departments to deliver cross-business initiatives;
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads and capable of meeting deadlines;
- Willingness to travel abroad to conferences and events a few times a year for onsite delivery;
- An international mind-set and an ability to work in an environment and industry with people from across the globe.
- Experience in an international organisation;
- Experience in handling event registration tools;
What we offer:
The opportunity to work in a membership-based organisation in one of the fastest growing segments of the travel industry and the world’s most powerful network of youth, student and educational travel businesses. The Buyer Programme Manager works as part of international team based in and around Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The role is a work from home position and you will be supplied with an IP telephone and laptop for company use. Whilst your home location is not of primary concern, we would prefer to have our Buyer Programme Manager located in the Netherlands or Europe.
We offer a competitive salary and bonus package with 23 days paid holiday to start, plus public holidays and additional days granted around Dutch national public holidays. You will also receive annual holiday pay and an annual training allowance for your personal development training. Please note, if you are located outside of the Netherlands then the terms and conditions of employment may have to change to reflect local regulations.
There is opportunity for international travel to attend our events and also to attend other events for buyer recruitment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that embraces the diversity of our team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or age.
To apply, please send your motivation letter, CV and salary expectations to email@example.com.