Business Development Manager – Events
We are looking for a BDM to oversee and drive the sales activities for all WYSE Travel Confederation’s B2B global events.
These events are:
- STAY WYSE Conference – Amsterdam
- STAY WYSE Conference – Miami
- ITB Berlin members trade show
- Work Experience Travel Market – Malta
- World Youth and Student Travel Conference – Lisbon
All our events are tailored to specific segments of the youth and student travel marketplace and this role will be key to achieving the required mix of new buyer and seller delegates, by market sector and destination for each event.
A Buyer Coordinator and an International Event Sales Exec will report to the Business Development Manager, who in turn will report to the Senior Management team.
The BDM will also work closely with the Events team, Membership team and the Marketing team.
- Work with the team to research and identify key buyers and sellers for priority markets
- Recruit buyers and sellers in accordance with the strategy and the budget to ensure the correct mix of delegates for each event and the potential journey the delegate will take through WYSE Travel Confederation events.
- Oversee the ongoing development and usage of the appointments tool used between buyers and sellers at events
- Represent WYSE Travel Confederation at key industry events around the world.
- Report on KPIs to Senior Management
Key Performance Indicators
- Growth in new buyers and new sellers at WYSE Travel Confederation events in line with targets set
- Growth in average number of business appointments per delegate
- Growth in satisfaction of delegates based on feedback scores
You will have a good level of experience in sales and preferably B2B sales with an ability to communicate through all relevant channels with prospective clients. Telephone, email, social media as required.
You will be open minded to be able to learn the subtleties of this business and to be able to identify what type of business you are dealing with and how they should be addressed and handled.
You will be either a fluent English speaker or you will have an excellent level of spoken and written English. A second language would be an advantage but not essential.
Key skills and attributes
- 3-4 years’ sales experience, preferably in B2B sales and better still in tourism distribution.
- Capability to research new prospects and partners
- Natural ability to cold call and talk to potential delegates
- Willing to learn a new set of products
- Staff management
- Ability to present at trade events on various Confederation topics
- Presentable, diplomatic and conscious of cultural diversities.
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
The World Youth, Student and Educational (WYSE) Travel Confederation is a very interesting and unique association. On the face of it we are often seen to be a student organisation but we are not. We represent the global interests of businesses who provide travel experiences to Millennials and the up and coming Gen Zs, sending them off on cultural or work exchanges, au pairing, language education programmes or backpacking and other experiential travel.
The youth and student travel market place is often overlooked by governments and businesses the world over but Millennial travellers now account for well over 23% of international arrivals each year and the estimate of the value of this market segment is a staggering $280 billion each year. What’s more, the industry is growing at a pace that outstrips traditional tourism and will soon be bigger than business travel.
WYSE Travel Confederation is the global authority on youth travel; endorsed by both UNESCO and the UNWTO.
We are looking to recruit a BDM to join a young and dynamic team of 15 people based in Amsterdam to develop event sales to relevant organisations all over the world.
Location and hours:
The role is based out of our offices in Central Amsterdam and is based on a 40-hour work week. Working times will vary depending upon the time zone worked on. International travel will be required from time to time
Salary and other details
The applicant must have the legal right to live and work in the Netherlands and Europe.
We offer a competitive salary and bonus scheme in line with your experience. The package also will include a generous holiday allowance, bike scheme and international travel.
Apply with a covering letter stating your salary expectations and CV in English to: email@example.com