ITB Berlin 2010Berlin, Germany — 10-14 March 2010
Junior Graphic Designer
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Graphic Designer to become part of our team of passionate people, working in central Amsterdam for the world’s largest and most powerful network for youth and student travel.
This is a unique position for a designer who can own and deliver a broad range of projects both on and offline. It suits a very specific person who has design experience in a marketing environment – a hybrid role where you get to think creatively, design and implement. The Graphic Designer will help WYSE Travel Confederation visualise amazing events, attract new members and develop brand and reputation.
Your Role & Responsibilities
- Working within the marketing department, developing and implementing marketing plans and campaigns.
- We are working on new exciting websites and projects which you will be highly involved in. See org for our new and exciting confederation website.
- Develop (and maintain) the brand style guide moving it into the future.
- Understand and implement the new brand vision.
- Concepting and designing marketing material across multiple touchpoints including event collateral, websites designs, infographics, reports, flyers, adverts and more.
- You are a native English speaker with excellent communication skills or you have gained significant experience working in an English-speaking organisation
- You have 1-2 years’ experience working in a Graphic Design / Marketing environment.
- You should be able to share examples of projects you have worked on.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, Media or some other relevant study program.
- You are highly creative and organised with attention to detail.
- You are reliable and can be trusted to take responsibility for your own projects.
- You are able to multitask and work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- You have an interest in the youth travel industry.
- You live in the Netherlands and have a valid work permit.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Good comprehension of digital/screen/offset printing methods
- Photography experience is a plus
- Adobe Flash, Premier and After Effects is a plus
- Video editing skills is a plus
- Understanding of excel functionalities is a plus
- Working proficiency in a second language would be an advantage
What we offer
- A competitive starting salary
- 23 days holiday
- Annual training and development budget
- International travel opportunities
- The opportunity to gain valuable experience within a truly international working environment
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV (in English), a portfolio and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org