ITB Berlin 2010Berlin, Germany — 10-14 March 2010
Rob McGuirk elected new President of Hostelling International
At the 52nd conference of Hostelling International (HI), held in Reykjavik from 15-17 October 2018, a new Board of Trustees was elected, led by incoming President Rob McGuirk (currently Chair of YHA Australia).
Rob has many years of service to the youth hostel movement, including having previously served on the HI Board as a Vice-President. He is the first Australian to hold the position of President, and is joined on the Board by a multi-cultural team including representatives from various countries in Europe as well as Middle East, North and South America.
About Hostelling International
- Hostelling International (HI) is a WYSE Travel Confederation member, and a charity managing a federation of not-for-profit youth hostel associations in over 80 countries – see www.hihostels.com
- HI works closely with the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) and the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO)
- The HI network has nearly 4,000 hostels within 80 countries
- HI is one of the world’s largest youth membership organisations and is the only global network of Youth Hostel Associations
- HI stands for more than just a bed and a place to stay; it’s about experiencing all that Youth Hostels have to offer, whether that takes the form of learning about different cultures, meeting new people or discovering oneself
- All HI hostels meet assured standards, which guarantee a range of good quality safe accommodation, in friendly surroundings at affordable prices