EXIT Festival partners with WYSE Travel Confederation on global study of Youth Travel
For immediate release
Amsterdam, 27 June 2017
EXIT Festival Partners with WYSE Travel Confederation on global study of Youth Travel
The World Youth Student and Educational (WYSE) Travel Confederation is pleased to announce its partnership with EXIT Festival of Novi Sad, Serbia for the only recurring global study of youth and student travel, New Horizons. EXIT Festival will provide two tickets to one lucky winner of the survey’s prize draw.
The festival started in 2000 as a student social movement, aiming to promote progress, freedom and unity not only in Serbia, but in the Balkan region as well. This year’s celebrations are dedicated to the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love. The festival has been repeatedly awarded as one of the best festivals in Europe and has brought hundreds of thousands of tourists to Novi Sad, who in turn put EUR 100 million into the local tourism economy. EXIT will take place at the Petrovaradin Fortress during the weekend of 5-9 July.
“The organisers of the EXIT Festival understand the power of youth travel; their success illustrates the social and economic value of festivals as youth travel destinations. The EXIT team has numerous projects of social activism in Serbia and like WYSE Travel Confederation, they believe in fostering the positive impact that youth can have on the global community,” said David Chapman, Director General of WYSE Travel Confederation.
Last conducted by WYSE Travel Confederation in 2012 and generating more than 34,000 responses from 137 countries, the New Horizons survey investigates:
- Who travels, where, why, and how
- How trips are planned and booked
- How much is spent and on what
Suppliers of travel products and services tailored to the youth and student traveller are invited to participate in the New Horizons project.
About WYSE Travel Confederation:
- The World Youth Student and Educational (WYSE) Travel Confederation is a global not-for-profit membership organisation dedicated to promoting and developing opportunities for the youth, student and educational travel industry.
- Founded in 2006 and created from the merger of the Federation of International Youth Travel organisations (FIYTO) and the International Student Travel Confederation (ISTC) – both formed after World War II to inspire young people through international travel and to help remove cultural barriers – the confederation brings together 60 years of youth travel expertise.
- Providing international travel experiences to over 30 million youth and students each year, WYSE Travel Confederation’s global community of over 600 members spans more than 120 countries from a diverse range of sectors.
- From adventure tour operators to au pair agencies, cultural exchange programmes to language schools, hop-on-hop-off buses to student insurance and youth hostels to volunteer programmes, WYSE Travel Confederation is the world’s most powerful network of youth and student travel professionals, connecting key industry players with decision makers and government officials.
- The Confederation is committed to understanding the ever-changing characteristics, motivations and needs of young travellers. By gathering, analysing and sharing important market intelligence with members, academics and government decision-makers, the unique fast-changing needs of the youth market is at the forefront of its activities as it seeks to accelerate the development of youth travel. * For more information, visit www.wysetc.org or follow the organisation on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.