Providing a World of Opportunities for Youth & Student Travel
WYSE Travel Confederation is a global not-for-profit membership organisation dedicated to promoting and developing opportunities for the youth, student and educational travel industry.
As the world's most powerful network of youth and student travel professionals, connecting key industry players with decision makers and government officials is what we do best.
Trusted members of WYSE Travel Confederation are recognised in their market as leaders in youth, backpacking, educational and student travel. Their activities are consistent with our strict codes of conduct.
60 Years of Promoting Youth Travel
After having the same mission for the past 60 years, in March this year the mission was updated "to contribute to the personal and professional growth of students and young people and positively impact our global community by fostering international understanding, responsible international travel, cultural exchange and education".
Our founding organisations - the Federation of International Youth Travel Organisations (FIYTO) and the International Student Travel Confederation (ISTC) - were formed just after World War II to inspire young people through international travel and to help remove cultural barriers.
This mission remains just as vital and relevant today. More than ever before, young people must equip themselves with the international skills necessary for today's global economy. Affordable access to work, study and travel opportunities is a vital part of their education and personal development.
WYSE Travel Confederation was formed in 2006 when FIYTO and ISTC merged to create a stronger united body to represent the global youth travel industry. The Confederation is therefore built on decades of industry experience and is bound together by a trusted global community.
Our 550+ members include the following types of organisations
Adventure Tour Operators - Au Pair Agencies - Backpacking - Cultural Exchange Programmes – Hop-on Hop Off Buses - International Education Providers - Language Schools & Agents - National Associations - Student Insurance - Student Flights - Student Identity Cards - Study Abroad Programmes - Tourism Boards & Official Tourism Organisations - Travel Industry Services - Universities -Volunteer Programmes - Work Abroad Opportunities - Youth Hostels and Booking Engines - Youth & Student Travel Retailers
What we do
The Confederation works with members, sector associations, tourism authorities and partners around the globe to:
- Promote the personal, social, economic and cultural benefits of youth travel and international education by working in partnership with governments and tourism boards worldwide
- Support the development and success of student and youth travel specialists, and the critical role they play in this unique $136 billion niche industry
- Provide trading, networking and knowledge-sharing platforms
- Develop innovative travel and educational products & services for youth and students, such as the International Student Identity Card (ISIC)
- Deliver the World Youth and Student Travel Conference (WYSTC) and Work Experience Travel Market (WETM-IAC)
- Produce and distribute research and market intelligence to identify the unique needs and trends of today’s independent travellers
- Provide best practice guidelines on products and policies
- Represent our members at industry events worldwide